Do you know if your parents or aging loved ones have a will and have designated a health care proxy? The legal side of the aging process is not complicated if you and your loved ones are prepared. But it can be pretty messy if no preparation or minimal preparation has taken place. The Aging, Caring & You legal podcast covers important topics such as:
- Professional legal help: what’s available and where to find it
- Essential legal documents: what they are and what they do
- The various steps and actions in a typical probate process
- What to expect if you are named the estate executor
- Types of property included in an estate for probate purposes
After listening to the legal podcast, caregivers will be better prepared to help guide their parents or aging loved ones with their estate planning as well as feel more confident discussing legal issues with professionals.